Something BIG is coming soon. To the heart of King West.
The Bjarke Ingels Group (BIG) - designed redevelopment of 485 through 539 King Street West is one of Toronto’s most anticipated projects. KING Toronto is integrating a residential community with existing heritage properties on the site. Developed by Westbank Corp and Allied Properties REIT. The visionary design of the building ensures everyone has an accessible and enjoyable outdoor space. The building incorporates greenery throughout, and the modular design brings forth a new way we’re looking at developments and how they are incorporated into the existing cityscape.
KING Toronto is set to rise 16-stories above King Street West with four peaks wrapping around the central courtyard of the property. The gradual recession on each floor allows for a large percentage of the suites in the building to offer spacious terraces and multiple exposures. The design centers on adding to the sense of community along King West, putting a significant amount of focus on the interaction of public spaces, extensive art installations and retail spaces along the street level and through the courtyard.
- Oversized balconies and terraces with white concrete pavers - A variety of fully-irrigated planters, both small and large, within the terraces that have been specifically designed and curated for their location and altitude within the building
Sustainable Design & Green Innvations
- Designed to LEED Gold certification standard, the building excels in water conservation, energy reduction a storm water management
Mechanical / Electrical Design
- High efficiency heating & cooling system
Building Systems & Security
- Lobby with 24-hour concierge location within the East Atrium lobby- Building-wide electronic control system with encrypted fob access- 24-hour digital video recording surveillance of building entry points- Advanced biometric security systems
- Secured gated parkade entrances - Two dedicated bike elevators to secured bicycle storage rooms- Select two-car private garages with storage- Approximately 5' x 3' storage unites- Fob access through secured elevator vestibules Cellular repeaters provide mobile phone access throughout the parkade- Future-proofed parkade allowing for 100% of the parking stalls to have EV charging stations installed
- Fully-equipped fitness centre and yoga studio- Resilient hardwood flooring, mirrored walls and built in millwork- Access to an outdoor furnished rooftop terrace
Mountain Spa, Pool & Hot Tub
- Indoor, heated 20-metre length lap pool- Intersecting indoor/outdoor pool overlooking King Street W- Indoor hot-tub- Mountain inspired pool deck and lounging ares designed by BIG- Change rooms with porcelain-tile clad walls and flooring, locker, shower and steam room/sauna facilities- Luxuriously designed spa facilities adjacent with direct connection to the pool deck- Access to an outdoor furnished rooftop terrace
Games & Party Lounge
- Custom terrazzo tile flooring throughout- Large chef's kitchen with professional grade appliances- Contemporary lounge and dining furniture- Billiards tables- Access to an outdoor furnished rooftop terrace